Monday 25 June 2012

Finsbury update

Hi all, just wanted to do a quick post to show how my boyfriend's Filofax turned out! He was very happy with it, and really loved the "cafe" dividers, so I made him a full set, and then labelled them with my trusty label-maker-have I mentioned that I don't know how I lived without it? Before I unveil the finished product, I thought I would show his old book... 









Hee, hee, hee, pretty sad, right? I've included some shots of the process of getting the dividers ready... 





These are the "cheapy" dividers I used as a guide. I like them better than the Filofax ones because the tabs are bigger. I changed out his categories, too. They are now: Monthly, Weekly, Info, Finances, Contacts. I really couldn't see him using all thise categories of "projects", "notes" and "information". He'll likely  just jot down random stuff in that section- due dates, reminders, passwords, etc.






 Once I have the shape trimmed from the background, I have a special Filofax sheet that I use as a guide for the holes-I just use a regular sized hole punch, so the holes on this sheet are a little bigger than the usual Filofax sheet.





Here they are, all ready to be punched and labelled...






Labelled and punched and ready to go,  and here are the results! I had initially put in monthly calendars from the Flavia Daytimer series (you can see them in the previous post, they have very pretty, colourful tabs) but he decided he would rather have the month on two pages inserts from Filofax. Of course, I had an extra set just lying around! They are behind the "Monthly" tab at the beginning of the book...


















He just called me from work to see if they are done yet-could I have created another Filofax nut? I'm really pleased how they turned out. When clipping an image from a larger one, it can be tricky getting just the right section, but I'm happy, and I think he will be, too! Sorry the picture quality is a little dark...

This was actually really fun to do-I can't wait to see what he thinks!


11 comments:

  1. Very nice! I wish my husband was a Filofax nut, then I could get away with buying as many binders as I'd like without him yelling at me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I have a preference for black binders (I wear mostly black clothes, too), which sometimes makes me feel a little bit boring, BUT it does make it easier to "hide" Filofax purchases from loved ones-they don't notice differences between new and old ones!

      Delete
  2. Lovely!!! I'm sure he will love it :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really sweet-he said I "couldn't have picked a better theme".

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is really beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much-to be honest, I felt a little twinge when they were finished-I wanted them for myself!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments!They were really fun to do! I have another project in the works-stay tuned!

      Delete
  5. I really love the cafe dividers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures and it came out soooo nice!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love creative page dividers. No matter how grown up and professional the binder might look on the outside, the page dividers make them so interesting to look at on the inside

    ReplyDelete